All animals that are indigenous cross breed or exotic as per prescribed age groups and accordingly ascertaining the value after being certified healthy by a qualified Veterinarian. This policy insures animal owners, private diaries, cooperative diaries and NDDB owned diaries.
- The policy insures against death due to accidents caused by fire, lightning, flood or cyclone
- Death due to disease contracted during the policy period.
- Permanent inability to conceive or produce milk
If the animal suffers any of the above the policy will pay the insured sum or the market value of the animal prior to illness on production of
- Duly completed claim form
- Death certificate from a qualified veterinarian
- Policy / Certificate
- Ear tag.
The policy does not cover for loss due to:
- Ill-treatment and use of animal for tasks not mentioned in the policy.
- Accidents or diseases contracted before the policy or insured risk period.
- Intentional slaughter or partial disablement or injury due to war or nuclear mishaps.
- Transport of animal by any means beyond 80 kms.
- Theft or sale in secret or missing animal.
- Death of animal due to disease within a span of 15 days after inception of the policy.
- Pleuro pneumonia occurring in animals in the Lakhimpur district Assam.
- Use of PTD to conceive or yield milk for breeding