Credit Rating Agencies In India
Credit Rating / Market Research Agencies in India
• Credit Rating information services of india limited (CRISIL): http://www/crisil.com/
• Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency of India
• Credit Analysis & Research Limited ( CARE ): http://www.careratings.com/
• Onicra Credit Rating Agency of India Ltd: http://www.onicra.com/
• Operation Research Group & Marketing & Research Group: ORG-MARG
• Duff & Phelps Credit Rating India Private Ltd. ( DCR India)
• Other state level market research agencies are listed at http://dir.indiamart.com/indianservices/market1.html
International Credit Rating Agencies doing credit rating of India
• Standard & Poor’s
• JP Morgan
• Price Water House
• Morgan Stanley
• Merill Lynch Non Government / Autonomous Economic Research Agenices
• CMIE: http://www.crime.com/
• NCAER : http://www.ncaer.org/
• National Institute of Public Finance and Policy : http://www.nipfp.org.in/
• Indian Institute of Foreign Trade : http://www.iift.edu/lift/index.asp
Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- The Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector has been an integral component of the industrial sector.
- The MSE secotr has been accorded special status and importance in the Five-Year Plans since inception in view of the advantages it offers for better utilization of resources of capital and skill at the local level.
- The continuous support provided to the sector in the form of incentives, infrastructural facilities and other assistance in the industrial policy resolutions has facilitated the sector to acquire a place of prominence in the socio economic development of the country.
- The number of enterprises in the MSE sector is estimated to be over 13 million, providing employment to estimated 42 million persons. As per the latest estimates, the micro and small enterprises ( MSE ) sector accounts for about 39% of the manufacturing output and 33% of the national exports of the country ( the estimated contribution is 45% and 40% respectively for the micro, small and medium enterprises ( MSMEs) as defined under MSMED Act, 2006).
- Further, in recent years the MSME sector has consistently registered higher growth rate compared to the overall industrial sector.