DPS Bokaro was established in the year of 1987 in May. The medium of teaching in this school is English. It is a coeducational school, with an affiliation to CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), Board, New Delhi.
About DPS Bokaro
This school is operated by the Society of Delhi Public School, New Delhi, which is a non profit making society. Within few years of time, the institution has emerged out to be a distinguished brand name in the education field. The school every year enjoys high-quality results from its students in every field like competitive examinations, board examinations and various sports and cultural activities as well.
Mission of DPS Bokaro Steel City
The aspirants of Delhi Public School, Bokaro has continuously proved their determination in various extra curricular and co curricular activities at the national level along with high-quality academic results.
- DPS Bokaro operates a charitable educational institution, Deepansh Shiksha Kendra which is being set up for the under-privileged children. Those students who are academically strong and want to continue their education are relocated to Delhi Public School, Bokaro city of Steel.
- Besides academic core curriculum, the institution also boasts of a department of art, craft, and music as well as PHE department.
- Delhi Public School, Bokaro comprises an Eco Club where the students are taught the importance to preserve the nature and various approaches to prevent from destruction.
- DPS Bokaro also has a department of photography, to encourage the student taking part in those activities than the regular stuff they do.
- The school also organizes Inter House competitions, where several games are being played, which includes football, badminton, basketball and kho-kho. The institution also organizes various quiz competitions, dance, and music competitions, plays and skits at senior as well as junior level.
Courses offered at DPS Bokaro
- The subjects accessible for the students to apply for entrance into the Eleventh class includes:
For Science Stream:
- Personality Traits
- Co curricular Activity and NTSE
- Chemistry English
- And/or Biology
For Commerce Stream
- Personality Traits
- Co-curricular Activities
- Established in 1987, it is a coeducational day school
- Comprises a team of over 205 faculty members for junior and senior level students.