DPS Mathura Road is a private co-educational day boarding school situated in New Delhi and is also a component of Indian Public School Conference. This institution was the first Delhi Public School, established in the year of 1949.
About DPS Mathura Road
Dr. S. Radhakrishnan was the founder of Delhi Public School, Mathura Road who laid down the first foundation stone in the year of 1956. At that time he was the Vice President of India. The school was then taken over by Principal Din Dayal by 1965 soon after the completion of the construction of the building.
Mathura Road, with a short span of time became a leading and established Public schools, in terms of both sports and academically. The school by 1965 had moved to three-storied building and boasted a student body of more than 3000 students by 1970.
DPS Mathura Road School follows CBSE educational system (Central Board of Secondary Education) and also comprises a series of assignments and tests to attain high-quality results from the students.
More about DPS Mathura Road
- Delhi Public School, Mathura Road boasts of its own approach to acknowledge the student’s efforts both in co-curricular and academic activities.
- The students of DPS Mathura Road are being encouraged by the faculty of the school to partake in indoor and outdoor games such as golf, chess, badminton, swimming, table tennis, football, cricket and basketball etc.
- The school also conducts a talent-fiesta once a year to encourage and recognize the aptitude within the learners.
- In the year of 2007, the school was rated among the most respected secondary school operated within India in a survey, which was conducted by IMRB (Indian Marketing Research Bureau) for the newspaper Deccan Herald.
- DPS Mathura Road comprises a well renowned cricket and basketball team. Delhi Public School is the only institution in the country whose basketball squad played in opposition to the national team.
Facilities at DPS Mathura Road
The impressive building of the school comprises up to date libraries, squash courts, swimming pools, work-experience block, 4 computer centers and hostel facilities for both girls and boys.
Campus of DPS Mathura Road
The campus of the school is stretched up to 15 acres and is surrounded by the ancient Islamic style tombs, located in the center of the capital near Zoological gardens and Purana Quila. The campus also boasts off various recreational facilities for the students as well, which includes gym, cafeteria, common sports room and many more.