The HDFC bank provides various kinds of loans. The rates for each kind of loan differ from the other. Some of them are discussed below:
HDFC Loan Rates for Home Loan:
The floating rate loans for Home loan PLR has been changed by HDFC and they are:
- 1st July 2008: 0.75% + (Increase)
- 1st August 2008: 0.75% + (Increase)
- 1st December 2008: 0.50% - (Decrease)
- Net Effect 2008: 1.00% + (Net Increase of 1.00% has been applied w.e.f 1st December 2008)
- 6th August 2009: 0.25% - (Decrease of 0.25% w.e.f September 09 EMI)
HDFC Loan Rates for New/Old Car Loan:
- The rate of interest for the new car loans from HDFC is 12.75%
- The rate of interest for the old car loans from HDFC is 16.00%
Rates for Personal loan:
- The rate of interest for a personal loan for a salaried individual is 16% minimum and 16.5% maximum.
- The rate of interest for a personal loan for a self-employed individual is 16% minimum and 16.5% maximum.
HDFC Loan Rates for Education Loan:
The rates of interest applicable to study in abroad and study in India are 14%. In other words, they are the same in either case.
There are several other types of loans which are provided by the bank. For example, Loan against security, Loan against property, Gold loan, Express loans etc. These loans have different interest rates. However, the rates of interest applicable to each loan variant are different and are subject to change as per the discretion of the bank. Also, the rates of the loans mentioned above may also be changed at bank's discretion.