You are here

How to change address in Ration Card

Generally, a person moves to a new place due to two following reasons:

a. Obligations of profession or business b. A girl leaving her parents’ house because of marriage

If a person thinks how to change an address in ration card then here is the answer. For both of the above-defined causes a person needs to do the following:

• Visit the nearest Food and Civil Supplies departments offices • Collect the new application form • Fill up the form properly • Mention the name of the new state of residence.

At the time of submitting the application form, one must take care that all the following documents (and photocopies of certain documents) are carried along with the form:

• A two rupees court Fee Stamp • Voter card • Residential proof

As a proof of residence, a person can provide any of the following documents:

• Rent agreement paper • Gas bill • Bank account passbook • Land phone bill • Receipt of the last tax payment bill • Electricity bill • Letter received in his/her name in his/her home

If a person now thinks about how to change the address in Ration Card within the existing circle, then with all above-mentioned procedures add the copy of current residential proof. And if a person wants to know how to change the address in Ration Card outside his or her existing circle, then, he or she needs to do the same and attach the surrender certificate of the old ration card. A person can get the Ration Card one the same day of submitting the application form.