The Indian passport services are provided by Ministry Of External Affairs, Government of India. The Indian passport authority has a website to serve all the citizens of India who are residing in India as well as outside India. The Indian Passport Website is http://passport.gov.in. Once you log on to Indian Passport website, you can view the Logo of the website which states Consular Passport & Visa (CPV) Division which is a part of Ministry Of External Affairs. In the home page you will find links to the following,
- Application forms – where you can get the information about all the application forms available for passport services and you can also download the application forms. These forms are applicable for all the passport offices in India.
- How to Fill the Application form – where you can find the instructions and column wise guidelines for filling up the application form.
- Fees structure – where you can get the fees structure for various passport services. The fees structure is displayed in a tabular format for ease of public. The fees structure is same for entire Indian passport offices.
- How to apply – where you can know the different ways of applying for a passport service.
- Where to apply – here you can find the nearest location to you in which you can apply for a passport service. Here you can find locations of Passport Offices, DPCS, Speed Post Centers, and Passport Application Collection Centers.
- Tatkaal Scheme – where you can find out about the tatkaal scheme which is also known as Out of Turn issue of Passport. You can find all the information to get a passport urgently.
- Affidavits – here you can find out formats of different affidavits required for applying for a passport.
- Online Registration – here you can register online for a passport, then take a print out of your application form and submit it in the nearest passport office on the given date and time along with documentary proofs required.
- Penalties – here you can find out the information on penalties for different offences related to passport. This information is displayed in tabular format for the ease of public.
- Vigilance – where the names of the vigilance officers along with their address are displayed whom you can contact in case of any complaints related to passport offices in India.
- Complaints and Suggestions – in this page you can find the name, address, contact numbers and email id of the Chief Passport Officer to whom you can send in your complaints and suggestions.
- Check List – before applying for a passport here you can find the check list of the documents required for passport.
- FAQs – here you can find frequently asked questions along with answers.
- Right to Information Act – here you can find names, addresses, phone numbers and email ids of the persons who you can contact for Right to information act.
- Passport Act/Rules – here you can download the passport act and passport rules documents.
Apart from the links, there are two dropdown lists on the home page of this website; one for selecting the passport office to view its own home page and the second for selecting a passport office to known the status of your passport in the selected passport office.
This site is designed and developed by National Informatics Center. There is also a link which is for viewing the website in Hindi version.