Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is and entrance test for admissions into MBA programs in various top B – schools and other institutes across the India. it conducted by AIMA (All India Management Association) New Delhi, 4 times (every trimester) in a year.
- Management Aptitude Test or MAT as it popularly knows is conducted 4 times (in February, may, September & December) by the centre for Management service (CMS) a division of all India management association (AIMA) (www.aima-ind.org).
- B-schools, next in the pecking order after scores. Generally, B-schools, next in the students through CAT. This is not to mention, of course the fact that many B-schools admit students through both CAT & Mat as well as certain other exams like XAT & ATMA which we will be discussing.
- The MAT exam generally comprises 200 questions with 4 marks for every right answer and 1 mark deducted for every wrong answer. The various areas which generally have 40 questions each are as follows.
- Quantitative ability
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiently
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- General Awareness
- Analytical and Logical reasoning
- As you must have noticed vis-à-vis CAT, MAT has an additional section of General Awareness which the student needs to master.
- Also since some time now, Mat can be attempted either as a pencil-and-paper test or in the more recent avatar of a computer based test (CBT).
Eligibility Criteria for MAT:
Educational Qualification: Applicant should be graduate (10+3) in any stream (arts / science / engineering / commerce/ architecture) from a recognized university or its equivalent. Also students appearing in their final year of graduation can also apply for MAT but they are required to produce the passing proof later. There are no minimum percentage criteria for qualifying exam, all students who have passed graduation successfully can apply for MAT.
Age Limit: There is no age limit applied on candidates.
MAT Admission Procedure: MAT entrance test is a objective type written exam of two and half hour duration. Test consists of 200 questions in following areas:
Quantitative aptitude and Maths
Logical & Critical Reasoning
Data Analysis & Sufficiency
General English Language and Comprehension.
How to Apply in AIMA MAT?
Candidate has to select his choice to appear in online test or paper based test.
MAT application form and prospectous can be obtained via sending Demand Draft through post from
Following address: All India Management Association (AIMA),
14 Institutional Area,
New Delhi 110003.
Phone: 011-24617354 (4 lines), 24617355, 24618107 and 24618127).
Also, MAT application form and prospectus can be obtained directly by cash from AIMA center or its nodal centers.
Application forms can also be obtained by filling up application form online and paying fee via debit & credit card and sending all the required documents along with application form via post to AIMA center.
Also candidates can get application form by making cash payment in listed branches of Bank of Baroda.
For more information about AIMA MAT, visit AIMA website www.aima-ind.org .