NMAT (National Management Aptitude Test) is the entrance test conducted by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) for admission to its various MBA programmes. Every year NMAT is held in the month of December in over 20 centres across the country.
- 10+2+3 degree in any branch of study or equivalent pattern recognized by the UGC & AIU. Minimum 50% marks in aggregate at degree level for all programmes.
- Those appearing for final examination can apply, if they produce Certificate of Appearance by the month of June and Final Certificate by the month of December.
The application form alongwith this Handout and prospectus will be issued in the University office between 10.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. on all working days. The last date for receipt of application, including Postal receipts, is the date given on the cover page. Forms are also available in select branches of DENA Bank & Specified Centres of PT Education & IMS.
The NMAT test consists of 200 questions and the time allotted is 2 ½ Hours (150 minutes ). Correct answer carries 1 mark each and for wrong answer there is a negative mark of 1/4. the paper section are as follows:
- Language Skills: 40 question
- Numerical Skills: 40 question
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency : 40 question
- Intelligence and Logical Reasoning : 40 question
- Indian and Logical Environment : 40 question
Students are admitted to the MBA programme, if they meet the required standards of the two-stage selection process as described below:-
- Stage I : All eligible candidates are required to appear for NMAT (National Management Aptitude Test) to be conducted over 20 centres across the country.
- Stage II : Those short listed and have applied for the subsequent selection process, will have to appear for Group Discussion / Computer based test / Presentation & Personal Interview at select centres across the country.
Merit list of successful candidates for Stage II as well as the final merit list will be displayed on the the institute website and on the Institute’s Notice Board
The entrance exams are normally conducted in the month of December