North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon is considered among most promising universities of the nation, initially this university was part of Pune University but on 15th August, 1990, North Maharastra university separated itself and was established as an independent university.
University has attained wide success in short span of time, has acquired the prestigious 2(f) & 12(b) recognition from the UGC, also university has been re-accredited with 'B' (CGPA 2.88) grade duly honored by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)of Bangalore.
Presently there are around 150 colleges, institutes, study centers are affiliated with North Maharashtra University.
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon Schools and departments
University has following sub divisions:
- School of Physical Sciences.
- School of Chemical Sciences.
- School of Life Sciences.
- School of Mathematical Sciences.
- School of Environmental Sciences.
- School of Social Sciences.
- University Department of Chemical Technology.
- Department of Computer Science. Department of Management Studies.
- Department of Comparative Languages & Lit.
- Department of Library & Information Science.
- Department of Organic Chemistry.
- Department of Education.
- Department of Law.
- Department of Performing Arts.
- Pratap Philosophy Center, Amalner
Courses offered at North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon:
University offers wide range of degree, certificate, diploma and PHD programs under various disciplines as follows.
Arts and fine Arts:
- DTP(Desktop Publishing certificate course)
- Certificate course in Prakrit
- Diploma in Printing Arts (D.P.A.)
- Lower diploma in Prakrit, Higher diploma in Prakrit
- B.F.A.( Bacheler of fine arts - Painting and Applied Arts)
- MA - English, Marathi, Hindi, Urdu, Drama, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Mass Communication, Sociology, Defence and Strategic Studies, Psychology
Mental, Moral and Social Science:
- BA (Bachler of Arts) in Special/General-English, Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Pali, Ardhamagadhi, Music, Drama,General-Persian Islamic Studies.
- BLib.(Bacheler of Library Science)
- BSW (Bachler of Social Works)
- BCJ (Bacheler of Communication and Journalism)
- MA(Masters of Arts)
- MSW(MAasters of Social Works)
- MLib & Infy Sci.(Masters of Library and information Science)
- BSC ((Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Geography, Microbiology, Biochemistry, information Technology)
- MSC (Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, Industrial Stastics, Computer Science, Organic-Chemistry, Inorganic-Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Pesticides and Agro.Chem., Industrial Chemistry, Physics, Electronics, Material Science, Energy Studies, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Geography, Applied Geology, Information Technology, Environmental Sciences)
- MLIb. & Inf. Sci
- MCA (Masters in Computer Applications)
- MTech (Environmental Science and Technology)
Commerce and Management:
- BCOM, BBA,BBA, B.e-Commerce
- MCOM, MBA, MPM (Masters in personal management), MMS(Masters in Management Studies)
- Diploma courses: DBM, DCM,DCA,DCP,ADSTM, DM and EIM.
- Bachelor of Physical Education(B.P.E.)
- Bachelor of Education(B.Ed.)(Physical & General)
- Master of Education(M.Ed.)(Physical & General)
- Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.)
- Diploma in Taxation Law(D.T.L.)
- Diploma in Labour Law & Labour Welfare(D.L.L. & L.W.)
- Bachelor of Law(L.L.B.)
- Bachelor Socio and Legal Sciences(B.S.L)
- Master of Labor Law and Labor Welfare(M.L.L. & L.W.)
Engineering & Technology:
- B.E: (Civil, Mechanical, Electronics, Electronics & Telecommunication, Production, Instrumentation, Computer, Automobile, Information Techonology, Chemical, Industrial Electronics)
- Btech : Paints, Food, Oil, Fats & Waxes, Plastics, Chemical Engg.,
- Mtech : VLSI Tech., Chemical Engg., Polymer Tech.
- PHD: Chemical Technology
Medicine and Pharmacy:
- B Pharma.
- M Pharma.
Ayurvedic Medicine : Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery(B.A.M.S).
Homeopathy Medicine: Bachelor of homeopathy Medicine and Surgery (B.H.M.S)
Apart from these, University also offers vocational certificate, diploma courses in its affiliated institutes.
North Maharashtra University Admission Procedure :
Undergraduate Engineering Degree Programs :
For getting admissions in undergraduate Engineering programs in North Maharashtra University, students should be 10+2 passed with mathematics , physics and chemistry as major subjects with minimum 55% of marks and should appear for any of these, Maharashtra Engineering Common Entrance Test (MAH-EN-CET)/AIEEE/All India Common Entrance Examination (AICET).
Post Graduate Engineering Programs:
Candidates applying for M. Tech. and M.E. Programs should be engineering graduates in corresponding streams and must have secured minimum 55% of marks, also final year engineering students can apply but they need to produce final year mark sheet and degree before the session starts. Candidates should also have to appear for the written aptitude test and interview conducted by the University but if candidates have valid GATE score, they can skip the written test.
For admissions in other academic programs, time to time, North Maharashtra University publish information in leading newspapers as well as online on their website.
North Maharastra University's Engineering Colleges:
- Government College of Engineering Jalgaon
- North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (managed by university itself).
- S.S.v.P.S.'s Late Bapusaheb Shivajirao Deore College of Engineering, Dhule
- Gangamai College of Engineering, Nagaon,Dhule.
- Sanjay Edn. Socy's College of Engineering, Navalnagar,Dhule.
- P.S.G.V.P. Mandal's D. N. Patel College of Engg., Shahada,Dhule.
- J.T. Mahajan College of Engineering Faizpur,Jalgaon.
- S.S.T's College of Engineering and Technology, Jalgaon.
- Shri Santa Gadgebaba College of Engineering, Bhusawal
North Maharashtra University
P.O. No 80, Umavinagar.
Tel no: +91-257-2258428/29
FAX no: +91-257-2258403, 2258406
Email: email@example.com ,firstname.lastname@example.org