Reliance has introduced 3G Mobile TV in Indian cellular market and with their assortment of channels and support for nearly eighty percent of the handset used by Indian consumers today, they are gaining rapid popularity among mobile TV customers. The Reliance mobile TV offers 60 live channels and along with fifty Video on demand and loop channels. Other than mentioned channels, subscriber can also access exclusive Reliance content. This article discusses various features, access method and packages available for Reliance Mobile TV.
Reliance Mobile TV Features
- Some of the most popular channels covering seven genres including news, sports, music, movies, fun, knowledge and kids are available to view on your mobile.
- You can enjoy sixty live channels and fifty VOD and Loop channels with Reliance Mobile TV.
- It features DTH like electronic Programme Guide that allows you to set reminder, so that you never miss your favorite program.
- You can enjoy exclusive Reliance content of promotional channels featuring medley mix of different programs of various channels.
- You can watch any movie, video or any other program on demand on your mobile.
How to Access Reliance 3G TV
Using Exclusive Client for your handset: Exclusive clients are available for nearly 80% of the mobile models available in Indian market. You can find out if client is available for your mobile model by sending SMS ‘MTV’ or ‘Mobile TV’ or ‘VOD’ to 55447. You will receive an SMS containing a link. Click on the link and APN list will be displayed. Select rcomwap and if a client is available for your model, you will be asked to download the client application. Once downloaded, you can access mobile TV using that client.
Using WAP Mobile TV page: If client is not available for your handset, you can access mobile TV from Mobile TV link of Reliance WAP portal. You need to set APN to ‘rcomnet’ for streaming mobile TV.
Reliance Mobile TV Packages
News Pack: Contains following channels and costs Rs25/Day, Rs 75/week and Rs150/Month:
Aajtak, BBC World, Bloomberg UTV, CNNi, ET Now, Focus TV, Headlines Today, India News, INDIA TV, Live India, NDTV 24x7, NDTV India, NDTV Profit, Star News and Times Now.
Fun Pack: This pack includes following channels and costs Rs25/Day, Rs 75/week and Rs150/Month:
Balaji (VOD), Big digital (VOD), Bollywood backstage (VOD), Discovery channel, Discovery Science (L), Discovery TLC (L), Discovery Turbo (L), FTV (L), Imagine (Loop), Lumiere Movies, NE Hifi, UTV Bindass , UTV Movies, Zapper TV (Loop) and Zoom.
Kids and Learning Pack: This pack fetaures following 15 channels and costs Rs25/Day, Rs 75/week and Rs150/Month:
Animal Planet, Bachcha Party, Cartoon Network, Discovery Channel, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo, Disney Channel, Disney XD, National Geographic Channel, Pogo and Saregama Kids.
Mega Pack: This pack contains 75 channels and costs Rs50/Day, Rs 100/week and Rs250/Month:
Aajtak, BBC World, Bloomberg UTV, CNNi, ET Now, Focus TV, Headlines Today, India News, INDIA TV, Live India, NDTV 24x7, NDTV India, NDTV Profit, Star News, Times Now, Balaji (VOD), Big digital (VOD), Bollywood backstage (VOD), Discovery channel (L), Discovery Science (L), Discovery TLC (L), Discovery Turbo (L), FTV (L), Imagine (Loop), Lumiere Movies (L), NE Hifi (L), UTV Bindass (L), UTV Movies (L), Zapper TV (Loop), Zoom (L), Animal Planet, Bachcha Party, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Disney XD, National Geographic Channel, Pogo, Saregama Kids, ETV Bangla, ETV Bihar, ETV Gujarati, ETV Kannada, ETV M.P, ETV Marathi, ETV Oriya, ETV Rajasthan, ETV Telugu, ETV U.P, ETV Urdu, India Vision TV, Jaihind TV, Jaya Plus, Jaya TV, Jeevan TV, Kairali TV, MAA MUSIC, MAA TV, Makkal TV, Raj DP, Raj Musix, Raj Musix Kannada, Raj News, , TV, Sakshi TV, Suvarna News, SVBC, Time TV, Times Now, TV1, TV9 Gujarati, TV9 Kannada, TV9 Mumbai, TV9 Telugu, Vasanth TV and SVBC.
Devotional pack: This pack contains following five channels and costs Rs100/month:
Sri Sankara TV, SVBC, Gurbani, ISKCON, Jai Jagannath and Jain Dharma.
Other Channels- There are other channels like Star Plus, Star World, Star News, Star Ananda, Star Majha, V channel, NTV Kerala, Manorama TV, Vissatv and 9x, each of which can be accessed for Rs10/Day, Rs 35/week and Rs75/Month.
Things You should Know before Subscribing to Reliance Mobile TV
- There is no data charge for downloading reliance mobile tv application or streaming mobile TV. All you need to pay is one-time subscription money as per your package.
- The tariff is promotional and available for next three months.
- You can access Reliance mobile TV on 2G as well, but the data speed is much lower and video buffering does not allow the seamless experience of 3G.
- Subscriptions are not renewed automatically.
- If you change the SIM of your phone, you need to download the client again and re-subscribe to the pack.
- Some phones do not allow answering calls while watching mobile TV.
- If you change your handset but the SIM remains same, then you need to download the client again but no need to re-subscribe to channel package.
For further information dial 1800 100 3333 or mail to email@example.com. You may also visit your nearest Reliance Mobile store or R World.