Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test is a mandatory written test for admission into any postgraduate programme at any Symbiosis Institute. SNAP test is only the first step for post graduate admission. Each Symbiosis institute has its own selection process. The candidates need to separately purchase prospectus and apply to each of the Symbiosis institute they seek admission to.
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management [SIBM] :
- A graduate from any statutory university with a minimum of 50% marks ( 45 % for SC / ST ) at graduation level.
- Final year appearing students can apply but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks ( 45 % for SC / ST ). Students can apply to one category only.
Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research [SICSR] :
- Graduate with minimum 50% marks in any discipline from Statutory University.
Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication (SIMC) :
- Admission criteria include a graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 45% from a recognised university.
Symbiosis Institute of International Business [SIIB] :
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA.
- The Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of 3 years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2).
- Students who are in the final year of their Bachelor's Degree programme may also apply
Symbiosis Centre of Management and Human Resource Development [SCMHRD]
- Graduates from any Statutory University, with a minimum of 50% marks at graduation level. Students appearing for their final year examination can apply
- Candidates passing degree examination by part time / correspondence course, or in one sitting are not eligible.
Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS) :
- 50% or more marks in graduation through fulltime program, with 15 years of education through 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 mode with English as the medium of instruction from AIU/AICTE approved university.
- . Candidates completing their final examinations of bachelor's degree can also apply provisionally.
Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management [SITM] :
- The minimum requirement for admission is a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination. Final year students are also eligible to apply
Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT) :
- A graduate from any statutory University with minimum 50% of marks.
- For MBA in Software Development and Management and Networks & IT Infrastructure preference will be given to graduates with Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology or Electronics and relevant work experience.
Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics (SIG)
- Graduates or Post Graduates in Science, Agriculture, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management and Commerce with 50% marks in graduation. *Final year students awaiting results may also apply.
Symbiosis Institute Of Operations Management (SIOM)
- Engineering graduate from any recognize University with a minimum 50% aggregate (all years put together). Final year students are also eligible to apply.
Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Graduate from any statutory university with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ ST) marks at graduation level.
SNAP Test involves online registration at , payment of test fee, printing of Admit Card and Appearing for the Test. Admit card with the candidates latest passport size photograph is mandatory and is required for admitting a candidate at the Test Centre.
SNAP Test is conducted in two phase:
- Phase I is objective type questions which is of 120 minutes duration. Objective test will have 165 questions. Each question has 4 responses. Candidate should choose an appropriate response. It has 4 sections. In three sections each question carries 1 mark and in the one section each question carries 2 marks. Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks. The four sections in the objective type test are General English, Quantitative Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General Awareness, Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Phase-II: Candidates shortlisted after SNAP test will have to go through a group process consisting of Group Discussion, Personal Interviews, Group Test & Written Communication Test. This process is conducted at major cities across India.
The final selection of students will be based on the performance in Phase I and Phase II.
SNAP is normally held in the month of December.