VoIP communication or voice over Internet Protocol benefits the users in many ways. The VoIP software like Skype, Gizmo, World dial up is easy to download. It is also easy to install, user can add their friends who are using the same software and start to chat. Other different features like call forwarding, conferences, voice mails are all free in VoIP communication.
This communication gives a number of benefits to the users. Those are:
- Normal telephone companies charge different amounts with the telephone bill. Along with the number of long distance calls made by the user other extra features like call waiting, caller identification, three ways calling etc add up with the bill. But with VoIP calls does not charge any such extra amount.
- The VoIP phone bill operates using the high speed broadband internet connection and thus the monthly bill remains the same rather it comes with many extra free call options.
- Telephone calls can be made from one computer to another using the same service provider.
To build up the VoIP communication certain instruments are required. Those are:
- The headphone or the headset is required to connect to the sound card of the computer. The headphones make the calls easy with no extra charges.
- The internet phones are also required to connect to the sound card of the pc. If the VoIP software is installed in the pc the calls seem to be like normal phone calls.
- Analog telephone adapter or ATA allows connecting the telephone with the broadband modem, makes calls through the VoIP connection.
- IP phone can be plugged directly to the modem. The IP phones give advantages like storing phone numbers, displaying information about incoming call.