Syndicate Bank is one of the Major Commercial Banks in India founded by T M A Pai, Upendra Pai, and Vaman Kudva in the year 1925. The bank commenced with the aim of assisting local weavers financially but soon grew to be much more. Initially, Syndicate Bank was known as Canara Industrial and Banking Syndicate Limited. The Government of India nationalized the bank in 1968 with its headquarters in the University town of Manipal. Today Syndicate Bank has over 3000 branches in all the States and Union Territories of the country. Its presence is also felt internationally.
Syndicate Bank offers Various Banking and Financial Services to its customers like Savings/Current Account, ATM, Investment, Balance checking, Cheque book request, Mobile banking and Syndicate Bank Net Banking.
Recently in the year 2020, the Government of India has decided that Syndicate Bank will be Merged into Canara Bank.
Syndicate Bank New Internet Banking – With globalization in the banking sector it became immensely important the banks keep up the pace with technological advances happening in this sector. Syndicate Bank has introduced a new interface of Internet Banking applications for their customers to do online transactions and increase customer satisfaction index.
The new online banking application is responsive and easy to do transactions on the internet from the comfort of one's home. All the existing SyndicateBank’s customers are moved from the existing Internet banking interface to the latest upgraded version.
To Access the Internet Banking Facility we need to First Complete The Registration Process with the bank and avail the facility. The Syndicate Net Banking Registrations can be done online through the Net Banking Portal of Syndicate Bank.
Syndicate Bank Net Banking Registration Online
1. Access the official Syndicate Bank Internet Banking Login Page here. As of the year 2020, the Syndicate Bank online registration page is being redirected to the Canara bank registration page.
2. Click on New User? Register for Internet Banking option is displayed
3. Enter your account number and Mobile number registered with the bank
4. An OTP message is sent to your mobile, use this number to register for online banking
5. Now You will be redirected to a Terms & Condition Page. Read the Details and Click on the "I Agree "Button to Continue.
How to get started with Syndicate Bank Internet Banking
- You need to have a customer id and password to use the net banking features. The customer id and password are provided at the time of account opening. The customers are required to have their net banking features enabled too.
- You should get your internet banking activated by filling the application form to enable this service and submit it to the branch where you hold your account.
- The login id and password will be provided by the syndicate bank after the activation of your internet banking facility.
- You will receive another password called transaction password which can be used to make online transactions after a week posted to your address.
How to use Syndicate Bank Internet banking
- Open the website http://www.syndicatebank.in
- Now click on the Retail link on the right-hand side corner of the page.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page, here you are supposed to enter your login user id and password.
- If you are logging in for the first time, then immediately after the login make a point to change the password of yours.
- This is advisable to have safe net banking.
- Once your login credentials are successfully created then you can head towards different transactions.
How to Reset Forgotten Password in Syndicate Bank Internet Banking?
Step 1. If we need to change our Password for Security purposes or if we Forget the password, we will have to reset our Password through the New Syndicate Bank Net Banking portal 2020
Step 2. Click on the Forget Password option as shown in the above screenshot - Syndicate Bank Net Banking Forget password link new
Step 3. Continue the process to Reset Your Syndicate Bank Net Banking Password by entering your account number and mobile number.
Step 4. Authenticate your details by entering OTP received on your mobile.
Step 5. Enter your Debit Card details or Customer details.
Step 6. Reset your password by entering a new password of your choice.
Syndicate Bank SMS Banking
Syndicate Bank provides SMS Banking services to helps customers stay connected with their bank account through mobile phone. Customers who can't access internet banking facilities can avail of this user-friendly SMS banking service and access the account. To use this SMS banking service, you must have your mobile number registered with your Syndicate bank branch.
- Visit your Syndicate bank branch and register your mobile number with the bank
- Send an SMS from your mobile number typing SREG <14-digit A/C No> to 9210332255
- After successful registration of the SMS Banking Service, you will receive a welcome message for SMS banking.
Customers should send the message in the below format to 9210332255 from their registered mobile number. The SMS format for Syndicate bank's SMS banking facility are,
Balance Enquiry of Primary Account
Balance Enquiry of Other Account
SBAL (Customer ID)
SBAL (Customer ID) (Account Number)
Enquiry of First 3 Term deposit accounts
STDQ (Customer ID)
Status Enquiry of Cheque Issued
SCHQ (Customer ID) (Cheque Number)
Enquiry of Last 5 transactions
STXN (Customer ID)
Deactivation of SMS facility
SDEL (Customer ID)
Syndicate Bank Mobile Banking
Syndicate Bank offers Mobile Banking App through which customers can get banking facilities and easily operate their bank account using smartphones. In order to use this mobile banking service, you need to register for mobile banking in your Syndicate bank branch.
To register for Syndicate Bank's Mobile Banking service, you can use any of the following methods.
- Visit your Syndicate bank branch and register for mobile banking.
- Login to your net banking account and register for mobile banking.
- Visit your nearest Syndicate Bank ATM center and register for mobile banking.
To use this mobile app, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Go to Google Playstore and download 'Syndmobile' app.
Step 2: Open the app and enter your mobile number.
Step 3: Enter the activation code sent to your registered mobile number and click 'Activate'
Step 4: Enter the old MPIN which you have received through SMS and set your New MPIN.
Step 5: Then create your own login password.
Step 6: After completing all these steps, you can make use of the mobile banking facility.
Features and Functions of Syndicate Bank Internet Banking
- Using your syndicate bank internet banking you can transfer funds online.
- The fund's transfer can be to a syndicate bank account or to any other non syndicate bank account.
- A fund transfer to any other bank account will charge you Rs.6.
- To start an online funds transfer NEFT transfer link on the left-hand side.
- To transfer money to any other syndicate bank account click on the link FUNDS TRANSFER.
- You can book online flights, train, bus tickets via syndicate bank internet banking.
- One can even get a list of the last transaction done in your account, by clicking on the link Account Activity.
- Do not forget to log out when you are done with the transaction. This will help you to keep your account secure and inaccessible to any other users.
The FAQ ( Syndicate Bank Net Banking )
1. Who can Apply For Internet Banking?
Anyone having a Saving/Current/Loan Account with Syndicate Bank can apply for Internet Banking.
2. Is there any Charges of Online Banking?
As of now, the Syndicate Bank offers Net Banking for Free of Cost.
3. Can I access my Account from Other Computer?
Yes, you can access Your syndicate Bank Account from any computer.
Contact Number To solve Internet banking related queries
The syndicate bank head office is situated in Manipal.
For the Regional Centre's number :
Log on to http://www.syndicatebank.in/scripts/ContactUs.aspx
Common questions enquired by Syndicate bank customers
How can I check my syndicate account balance online?
Steps to check Syndicate Account Balance via Net Banking
- Once you have logged in to the net banking portal, you can go to 'Accounts'
- After that, click on 'view account balance' and your balance will be displayed on the screen.
How can I get Syndicate Mpin through ATM?
- Insert your ATM card to any syndicate bank ATM near you.
- Enter your ATM PIN and then select mobile banking registration.
- Enter your registered mobile number on which you want to avail Mobile banking facility
- Now you will get OTP on your mobile, enter this OTP on the screen to verify your request.
- You will the Mpin on your mobile via SMS. Save this Mpin for future use.
Block ATM Card by Customer Care Number
To block the ATM card, you need to call the 24/7 toll-free numbers 1800-208-3333 or 1800-3011-3333 from your registered mobile number. You can also call 09483522433; this number is chargeable.